White Radish Chutney Recipe by Gowri Chebbi
Delight in this flavorful chutney made from crisp white radish, enhanced with the freshness of herbs and the warmth of spices.
- ½ radish (muli), chopped
- 7 to 8 green chilies
- 1 tsp peanuts
- 1 tsp fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch of coriander leaves
- ¼ bunch of mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
1. In a blender, combine radish, green chilies, peanuts, coconut, tamarind pulp, ginger, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and salt. Grind the mixture to a coarse texture.
2. In a pan, heat a little oil. Add mustard seeds, and once they splutter, toss in the chopped onions and curry leaves. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the ground radish mixture to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve with your choice of main dish.