Tomato, Onion, and Curd Chutney by Gowri Chebbi
A tangy and creamy chutney, this dish perfectly complements a variety of Indian bread and rice dishes.
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup beaten curds (yogurt)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 to 3 coriander leaves, chopped
1. In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add curry leaves and turmeric.
2. Add onions, tomatoes, and green chilies, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions are translucent and the tomatoes are soft.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Once cooled, mix in the beaten curds and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve alongside your favorite Indian dishes.