Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds Chutney by Gowri Chebbi
Delight in the unique flavors of sprouted fenugreek seeds combined with a medley of spices in this chutney. Ideal as an accompaniment with Indian bread or snacks.
- 1 cup sprouted fenugreek seeds
- 2-4 red chilies
- 2-4 green chilies
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- ¼ cup fresh coconut, grated
- 3-4 coriander leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-4 curry leaves
1. In a mixer grinder, combine the sprouted fenugreek seeds, red and green chilies, tamarind pulp, grated coconut, coriander leaves, and salt. Grind the mixture to a semi-coarse paste.
2. For seasoning, heat oil in a pan and sauté the crushed garlic cloves until golden. Add the curry leaves and let them crackle.
3. Pour the seasoning over the ground chutney and mix well.
4. Serve with dosa, idli, or as a dip for various Indian snacks.