Set Dosa by Gowri Chebbi
1. 2 cups of long-grain rice
2. 2 cups of Sona Masoori rice
3. 1 tablespoon urad dal
4. ¾ tablespoon fenugreek seeds
5. 2 cups murmura (puffed rice)
6. Salt to taste
1. In the morning, soak the long-grain rice, Sona Masoori rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients into a fine and smooth paste. Add salt to the batter.
3. Leave the batter to ferment overnight in a tightly sealed container.
4. The next day, when the batter has fermented, prepare Set Dosa using the same method as Masala Dosa.
5. Heat a griddle and spread the batter to form small, thick, round dosas using the back of a ladle.
6. Add 2 teaspoons of oil or ghee around each dosa, then flip them with a flat spoon and cook until they are crispy.
7. Serve the hot Set Dosas with sambar and coconut chutney.