Poppy Seed and Almond Payasam Recipe
1. 4 tablespoons of poppy seeds
2. 15 to 20 almonds
3. 1 cup of fresh grated coconut
4. 4 cardamom pods
5. 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
6. 1 1/2 cups of grated jaggery
1. Begin by soaking the poppy seeds and almonds in hot water for 2 to 3 hours.
2. After soaking, grind the mixture, along with the cardamom pods and fresh coconut, into a fine paste.
3. In a pan, combine 4 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of grated jaggery. Heat and stir until the jaggery completely melts.
4. Once the jaggery is fully dissolved, add the ground mixture to the pan. Allow it to simmer for some time.
5. Finally, add the nutmeg powder to the mixture and continue to simmer.
Enjoy your delicious Poppy Seed and Almond Payasam!