Plate Idli Recipe by Gowri Chebbi
Delight in the softness of Plate Idli, a unique twist to the traditional idli, using a special plate idli stand.
- 3 cups Idli rava
- 1 cup Urad dal
- A handful of avalakki (poha)
- 2 handfuls of cooked rice
- Salt, to taste
- Plate Idli stand for steaming
1. Soak the urad dal and avalakki for about 3 hours.
2. Grind the soaked urad dal, avalakki, and cooked rice together until it forms a smooth, soft batter.
3. Rinse the idli rava with hot water, then drain. Mix it into the batter, adding salt to taste.
4. Pour the prepared batter into the compartments of the plate idli stand.
5. Steam the idlis for 15 to 20 minutes or until they're cooked through.
6. Serve hot, paired with a side of coconut chutney for a fulfilling meal. Enjoy!