Masala Dosa by Gowri Chebbi
1. 2 cups parboiled rice
2. 2 cups dosa rice
3. 1 cup urad dal
4. 1 cup thick poha (avalakki)
5. 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
6. Salt to taste
1. In the morning, soak the above ingredients in water for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients into a fine and smooth paste. Add salt to the batter.
3. Leave the batter to ferment overnight in a tightly sealed container.
4. The next day, when the batter has fermented, prepare dosas.
5. Heat a griddle and spread the batter to form a circular dosa using the back of a ladle.
6. Add 2 teaspoons of oil or ghee around the dosa, then flip it with a flat spoon and cook the other side until crispy.
7. Spread red chutney on one side of the dosa, place aloo curry in the center, and fold the dosa into a triangle.
8. Serve the hot masala dosa with sambar and coconut chutney.