Hot and Sweet Green Chutney Recipe by Gowri Chebbi
Indulge in the fiery spice of green chilies, balanced by the sweetness of brown sugar in this versatile chutney that promises a burst of flavors.
- 2 cups green chilies, roasted in oil
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, roasted along with the green chilies
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, roasted
- ½ cup dry coconut powder, roasted
- ½ tsp fenugreek seed powder, roasted
- Tamarind pulp, the size of a lemon
- ¼ cup brown sugar (jaggery)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3 to 5 curry leaves
1. Once the ingredients are roasted as specified, let them cool slightly.
2. In a blender, combine the roasted ingredients with tamarind pulp, brown sugar, and salt. Grind into a smooth paste without adding water.
3. In a pan, heat the oil for the seasoning. Add mustard seeds, asafetida, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, and curry leaves. Once they splutter, mix the seasoning into the chutney.
4. Store in an airtight container. Its prolonged shelf life means you can savor it over several meals.