Dry Fruit Laddu Recipe
Indulge in a nutritious treat with this Dry Fruit Laddu recipe:
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ¾ cup chopped dry dates
- 4 cups powdered dry coconut
- 3 cups pounded jaggery
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 to 5 cardamom pods
- 1 cup ghee
- ¼ cup gound (gum, available at Indian stores)
1. Start by roasting the dry nuts in a touch of ghee. Similarly, roast the coconut and poppy seeds separately.
2. In another pan, melt the jaggery using the remaining ghee.
3. Grind the cardamom and nutmeg into a fine powder.
4. Separately, deep fry the gound (gum) and set it aside.
5. Once the jaggery is fully melted, incorporate all the ingredients into the pan and give it a good mix. Remember, while the mixture is still hot, mold it into small laddu balls. It's crucial to shape the laddus when the jaggery is still warm, as it becomes challenging to form them as it cools.
Enjoy the delectable blend of textures and flavors in these Dry Fruit Laddus!