Coriander Leaves Chutney Recipe by Gowri Chebbi
Delight in the fresh and zesty flavors of this Coriander Leaves Chutney, a versatile accompaniment perfect with chapattis, rotis, dosas, and idlis.
- 3 bunches of fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup dry grated coconut
- 8 to 10 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds), roasted
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds, roasted
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp jaggery (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 pinches of asafetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
1. In a grinder, blend together the coriander leaves, coconut, dry red chilies, roasted jeera, roasted fenugreek seeds, tamarind paste, and jaggery. Ensure you grind them into a thick paste without adding water.
2. For seasoning: In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Stir in the asafetida and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
3. Combine the seasoning with the ground chutney paste. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
4. Transfer to an airtight jar for storage.
5. Serve this aromatic chutney with chapatti, roti, dosa, or idli, and enjoy its delightful taste!