Carrot Payasam (Khir) Recipe
1. 2 cups of baby carrots or 3 long carrots
2. ¾ cup of sugar
3. 1 liter of whole milk
4. ½ cup of cashew nuts
5. 4 cardamom pods
6. 2 pinches of saffron
1. Cut the carrots into small pieces and cook them thoroughly with enough milk. Then, grind them into a smooth paste.
2. In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of ghee and add the carrot paste. Fry it well and then add sugar along with a little water.
3. Once the sugar dissolves completely, add powdered cashew nuts, cardamom powder, and saffron.
4. Boil the mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes, then turn off the stove.
5. Serve the Carrot Payasam hot or cold.