Badam Puri Recipe
Savor the rich flavors of Badam Puri with this splendid recipe, which is reminiscent of the Chandra Hara and Chandra Kala but with its own unique twist:
For the Dough:
- 4 cups maida flour
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup ghee (or dalda or vegetable shortening)
- 1 cup water
- Oil for deep frying
For the Sugar Syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 pinches of saffron
- Sliced almonds for garnishing
1. In a large bowl, mix together maida flour, melted ghee, soda, and water. Work the ingredients together to create a soft dough. Once combined, cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
2. Roll out small balls from the dough and flatten them to form triangular puris.
3. Prepare the sugar syrup by combining sugar, water, and saffron. Ensure it reaches the desired consistency.
4. Deep fry the triangular puris until they achieve a beautiful golden hue. After frying, quickly dip them into the sugar syrup, ensuring they're well-soaked.
5. Place the syrup-soaked puris on a plate. While they are still wet from the syrup, sprinkle sliced almonds over them for a delightful crunch and garnish.
Serve and enjoy these delicious Badam Puris!