|Hindu Lyrics and Audio||
Movie Songs and Entertainment||
Movie Songs and Entertainment||
Movie Songs and Entertainment
Business & Technology
Health & Naturopathy
Society & Culture
|YouSigma- the web's most extensive resource for information|
May He protect us both together; may He nourish us both together;
1. Om. In Brahma Vartha (Land of Brahma), under a banyan tree called Maha Bandira, many sages including Sounaka had assembled to perform a Sathra fire sacrifice. They approached sage Markandeya wearing samiths (dried twigs of banyan tree) as gloves and asked him, "How do you manage to be a Chiram Jeevi (One who does not have death) and how are you always in the happy state?"
2. He replied, "This is because of the knowledge of the most secret philosophy of Shiva. This very secret Shiva philosophy by which Shiva who is the Dakshinamurthy, becomes some thing which is not visible to others. He is that God who at the time of final deluge, who keeps every thing else within himself and shines because of the pleasure of his own spirit. The secret mantras about him are as follows: Brahma is the sage, the meter is Gayathri and the god is Dakshinamurhy for this mantra.
First Mantra of 24 letters: After telling "om", tell "Namo" and then "Bhagavathe Dakshinamurthaye", then the fourth form of "asmad" viz "Mahyam", then "medham Pragnam", then the root of wind "ya", added with "chcha", followed by the name of wife of fire God "swaha". This is the mantra with 24 letters. That is "Om Namo Bhagwathe Dakshinamurthaye Mahyam, Medham Pragnam Prayacha Swaha!"
3. Then Dhyanam (thinking abut the form in the mind, when mantra is chanted). I salute him who is white like a crystal, who holds in his hands, a chain of pearl beads, the pot of nectar which is the form of knowledge, and the mudhra (symbol) of wisdom, who ties himself with a snake, who wears the moon on his head and who wears different type of ornaments.
4. Second Mantra of nine letters: First Say "Om", then the first vowel with the visarga and in the end ell Panchakshari with visarga in the end, and this gives the Navakshari mantra (nine letters mantra). That is "Om Aam Aa Sivaya Nama Om!"
5. Then Dhyanam. Let the three eyed god who does only good, who has in his three hands, the sign of protection, deer and axe in three hands and fourth hand kept on his knee, who has tied a snake on his body, who shines white like milk, who sits below a banyan tree and who is surrounded by sages like Shuka, gives us pure thoughts.
[Slokas 6 is not available.]
7. Third Mantra: Add Broom Nama, Maya Bheeja, Vagbhava Bheeja, Dakshinamurthaye and Jnanam dehi Swaha to Om. The mantra would be "Om Broom, Namo Hreem Im Dakshinamurthaye Jnanam Dehi Swaha!"
8. Then Dhyanam: Let the God Dakshinamurthy, who has a white body due to application of holy ash, who wears the crescent moon on his head, who holds in his hands, Jnana mudra (symbol of wisdom), beaded chain, Veena and books, who wears all ornaments, who wears the elephant hide, who resembles the meditating Rama, who sits on the throne of explanation and who is being served by great sages protect us always.
9. We have to see that lamp of wisdom, which burns with renunciation as oil, devotion as wick and which shines in the full vessel of wake up state.
10. In the beginning of creation, Lord Brahma prayed this Dakshinamurthy, and obtained the capacity of creating beings and became very happy. He became blessed after getting what he desired. That Brahma therefore has become a devotee as well as somebody who deserves our devotion.
11. The one who reads this philosophy of Shiva with understanding, would get rid of all his sins. The ones who know this truly will attain salvation.
Om! May He protect us both together; may He nourish us both
ReferenceP. R. Ramachander. Celextel. "Dakshinamurthi Upanishad."
Cite This As
YouSigma. "Dakshinamurthi Upanishad." 2008.
|About YouSigma||Please Donate Using PayPal, to help us Develop Content||Copyright and Disclaimer|