- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12-ounce package mini chocolate baking bits
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in mini chocolate baking bits and nuts, if using.
- Heap tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Yields: about 3 dozen cookies