Contributor: C, Gowri.
Ingredients for Powder
- 2 Tbsp Bengal gram dhal
- 2 Tbsp Black gram dhal
- 1 Cup Coriander Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Dry grated coconut
- ½ Cup Red Chilies Broken
- 2 Inch cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 Cardamoms
- 3 to 4 Cloves
- 3 Tsp Poppy seeds
- 2 Tsp Marata Maggu
Method To Prepare Bisibele Bath Powder
- Dry roast the above ingredients separately it until it turns into light gold color and grind into smooth powder.
- 1Cup of Sona Masoori Rice
- 1 Cup Toor Dhal
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 4 Tbsp of bisibelebath powder
- 10 Strings of Beans cut into small piece
- 2 Carrots cut into small piece
- ½ Cup of Green peas
- 1 Chow chow cut into small piece
- Salt for taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp of Asafetida
- 2 Red chilies
- 6 to 8 curry leaves
- 8 to 10 broken cashew nuts
- Take a big cook pot and cook dhal and rice together and cook well.
- Add Chopped vegetable into it and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add Tamarind pulp with salt and masala powder cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir well to avoid lumps, keep on a low fire.
- Season with above seasoning ingredients.
- Serve hot with cucumber raita.