Ayurveda mentions many simple natural ways to maintain healthy and glowing skin, thousands of years ago. The vital force of the body, which is called Ojas is responsible for glow and luster, is depleted by the modern lifestyle we lead. Lack of proper exercise, pollution, irregular eating habits etc. all contribute towards weakening of our energy.
Therefore, using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful and charming for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals. Below are some simple natural ways that you can use in your daily life.
- Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and limejuice. Apply it to the face (after washing) overnight, and wash it in the morning. It clears the complexion of the skin and keeps it healthy.
- Take 50 ml. of raw (not boiled) milk, and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of limejuice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.
- Take 50 ml. of tomato juice, and mix some one teaspoonful of lemon juice in it. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.
- Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour, and make paste with sesame oil. Apply it to the face. It helps to remove the unwanted hair of the face.
- Take some juice of orange, and apply it to the face with the help of a cotton piece. It makes the skin smooth and soft.
- Take 30 ml. of cabbage juice and mix one teaspoonful of honey in it. This mixture, if applied regularly to the face, helps to keep the wrinkles away.
- Make a paste of raw carrots, and apply it to the face. Wash it after one hour and experience a wonderful glowing skin.
- Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, lemon juice and rose water. Apply this lotion for a glowing face.
- Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bedtime is very useful to remove the pimples, blackheads and other blemishes. It makes the skin soft, and can be applied to other parts (hands, feet etc.)