|Hinduism||Movie Songs and Entertainment||Business & Technology||General Knowledge||Health & Naturopathy||Vegetarian Recipes||Society & Culture|
|YouSigma- the web's most extensive resource for information|
Halasana (Plough Pose)
Cure for: This asana relieves tension in the back, neck, and legs and is beneficial in the treatment of lumbago, spinal rigidity and rheumatism, muscle pain, arthritis, sciatica (pain, weakness, numbness and tingling from the lower back down the back of the leg to the toes) and asthma.
* Lie flat on your back with legs and feet together, arms by your side with fists closed near your thigh keeping your legs straight,
* Slowly raise them to angles of 30 degrees, 60 degrees and 90 degrees, pausing slightly at each point.
* Gradually, raise your legs above your head without bending your knees and then move them behind until they touch the floor.
* Stretch your legs as far as possible so that your chin presses tightly against the chest while your arms remain on the floor as in the original position.
* Hold the pose from between 10 seconds to three minutes, breathing normally.
* To return to the starting position slowly reverse the procedure.
|About YouSigma||Please Donate Using PayPal, to help us Develop Content||Copyright and Disclaimer|