Cure for: The practice of gomukhasana will strengthen the muscles of the upper arm, shoulder, chest, back, waist and thigh. It is beneficial in the treatment of seminal weakness, piles, urethral disorders and kidney troubles. It also relieves varicose veins and sciatica.
- Sit erect on the floor, with your legs outstretched.
- Fold your leg back.
- Place your left foot under the right hip.
- Similarly, fold back the right leg and cross your right foot over your left thigh.
- Place your right heel against the left hip.
- Both soles should face backwards, one over the other.
- Now interlock your hands behind your back.
- See to it that if your right leg is over the left, then your right elbow should face upward and the left elbow downward.
- This position is reversed when the leg position is changed.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then repeat the procedure reversing the process.