Cure for: This is also known as Nadishuddhi pranayama. This pranayama is a process of purification. It strengthens the lungs and calms the nerves. It helps cure cough and cold, insomnia, chronic headache and asthma.
- Sit in any comfortable meditative pose, keeping your head, neck and spine erect.
- Rest your left hand on your left knee.
- Close your right nostril by pressing the tip of your right thumb against it.
- Breathe out slowly through the left nostril. Inhale slowly and deeply through the left nostril, keeping the right nostril closed.
- Close your left nostril with the little finger and ring finger of your right hand and exhale through the right nostril.
- Then inhale through the right nostril, keeping the left nostril closed and, lastly, exhale through the left nostril, keeping the right nostril closed.
- This completes one round of anuloma-viloma.
- Repeat the entire process.
- Inhaling and exhaling should be done very slowly, without making any sound.