YouSigma- the web's most extensive resource for information
$6.99 Domain Names at Network SolutionsĀ®!
Chevron (SWOT Analysis)

Go to Home Page

Tell your friend about this WebSite!

Download PDF Version!

“SWOT is an acronym for the internal Strengths and Weaknesses of a firm and the environmental Opportunities and Threats facing that firm. SWOT analysis is a widely used technique through which managers create a quick overview of a company’s strategic situation. The technique is based on the assumption that an effective strategy derives from a sound “fit” between a firm’s internal resources (strengths and weaknesses) and its external situation (opportunities and threats). A good fit maximizes a firm’s strengths and opportunities and minimizes its weaknesses and threats. Accurately applied, this simple assumption has powerful implications for the design of a successful strategy.”

Chevron 

Chevron Corporation (Chevron) is one of the largest integrated energy companies in the world. It is involved in almost every aspect of the energy industry: from exploring, producing, transporting and refining crude oil and natural gas; to marketing petroleum products; to manufacturing and selling petrochemical products and generating power. The company recorded total revenues of $220,904million in the financial year ended December 2007(FY2007), an increase of 5.1% over the financial year ended December 2006 (FY2006).The company generated 43.9% of its sales and other operating revenues from the US in FY2007, and the remaining 56.1% from its international operations. In 2008,Chevron is ranked 3 in the Fortune 500 list of top 1000 companies, up from 4 in 2007. Chevron’s strong market position reduces its business risk. However, failure to comply with the stringent environment regulations would adversely impact the company's operations.

Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)

 

Location of Factor

TYPE OF FACTOR

Favorable

Unfavorable

Internal

Strengths

  • Strong market position
  • Presence across the energy value chain
  • Strong marketing operations
  • Steady financial performance

Weaknesses

  • Legal action by the Iraqi Government
  • Declining sales of refined products
  • Declining oil and gas reserves

External

Opportunities

  • Increasing demand for refined products in China
  • Increasing demand for liquefied natural gas (LNG)
  • Capital investments
  • Biofuels initiative

Threats

  • Economic or industry downturns
  • Risks associated with conducting business outside the US
  • Environmental regulations
underline
About YouSigma Please Donate Using PayPal, to help us Develop Content
Copyright and Disclaimer
Loading
underline
underline
Try a free sample Destiny Reading! Executive Openings! $80,000 to $500,000+
"Chevron (SWOT Analysis)";