YouSigma- the web's most extensive resource for information
Egon Zehnder International's Performance and Tenure Based Compensation

Go to Home Page

Tell Your Friend About This Website!

Download PDF Version

Egon Zehnder International (EZI), an executive search firm, pays its partners substantial monetary rewards based on a combination of overall corporate performance and tenure. For partners, compensation comes in three ways: salary, equity stake in EZI, and profit shares. . . .To begin with, each partner has an equal number of shares in the firm’s equity, whether he has been a partner for 30 years or one year. The shares rise in value each year, because we put 10% to 20% of our profits back into the firm. . . .The remaining 80% to 90% of the profit is distributed among the partners in two ways. 60 percent is divided equally among all the partners, and the remaining 40% is allocated according to years of seniority. . . . So a 15-year partner gets 15 times more from this portion of the profit pool than a one-year partner. EZI’s annual turnover rate among partners of 2% suggests the incentive system is working: The industry average is 30%.

Companies can learn from this example to create a “right” mix of performance and tenure based compensation.

About YouSigma

Find charities worthy of your support and donate

Copyright and Disclaimer Iridium rentals
Loading
underline